I did change the sleeves and bottom a bit. Instead of a normal hem, I sewed (wrong side up) along the bottom of the dress and sleeves with a zig-zag stitch that went over the edge. While sewing, I stretched the fabric so that I could get a ruffled look.
I think it turned out nice ….. although I hadn’t realized my daughter had grown so much recently. I knew she was growing, but she’s a lot taller that I thought.
I think I’ll have to make a pair of shorts in the blue fabric I used to go with it.
I think I’ll try my hand at making a doll version tonight. Wish me luck! I’ve found that, because they’re so small, sometimes those doll versions can be harder than the kid ones.