Sometimes projects don’t always turn out the way we expect them to. This little t-shirt for Connor started as this
a simple little striped shirt (picked up from Target). I thought it would be fun to put a few cars in that large center stripe. I used my car template (previously used for making stamps) and cut out some cars onto freezer paper.
I started painting, finished and returned a bit later to check on it.
I had a glass of water nearby.
Ugh! . . . Don’t ask why.
Although there was very little water in it, when it tipped over it spilled onto part of the t-shirt. Ok. I thought, no big deal.
Well. . . .
the paint was still damp.
So when I pulled off the freezer paper, this is what I saw:
I’m sure my little guy would have still worn it, and loved it, but not me. What bothered me most is feeling like I wasted a perfectly good shirt.
I had to fix this.
After some thought, I decided to add a bit of knit yardage to perfectly fit over that tan stripe in the middle. I carefully cut it out to size and just sewed it right over my painting mishap with a zig-zag stitch around and there we are!
A fixed t-shirt. A happy boy. A satisfied mom.
Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [22 Jul 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria