I finally finished this granny square quilt! Yay! I started the blocks back in May. I originally made twelve of them for a block exchange with the MMQG, but alas, I had out-of-town company, kiddos to watch, and a big house project going on that weekend, and I wasn’t able to drop them off by the deadline (or even the extension), so I made more blocks (25 total all using the strip piece method) and squared them up and they sat for a bit.
I couldn’t decide upon a cleaver way of joining them together. Finally I just decided on some simple sashing and got started.
The fabrics used were from Fresh Aire by Studio-e, Heather Ross Mendocino, and Oliver+S City Weekend. I love the turquoise blocks and the octopi.
The back is just some leftover yardage of Studio-e and a solid pieced together.
I made the binding — love the plaid. (If you’d like to see how I made the binding, go here.)
The quilting was very simply stitch in the ditch — I didn’t want to distract away from the fabrics too much on this one. . . . and I was being lazy. (Wink).